You are planning the most beautiful day of your life. Whether it is a small private ceremony or a larger gathering of family and friends, I would be honored to participate as your Justice of the Peace in making your day a lasting memory. Let’s meet and talk about your vision for the first day of the rest of your lives together. I look forward to meeting you!

Ceremony Information:

In the State of Connecticut you must be 18 years of age or an emancipated minor in order to obtain a marriage license. If you are between the ages of 16 and 18, you will need the written consent of a parent or guardian on the marriage license.

If one or both of you are Connecticut residents, you may be married anywhere in the state. If neither of you are Connecticut residents, your ceremony must take place in the town where your license is issued.

You no longer need to obtain blood tests.

Before you ceremony you will need to obtain you license from the Town Clerk, either in the town in which the wedding is to take place or in the town where one or both of you live. Both of you will need to go and provide the following:

* Date and place of your birth, sex, current address and social security number.

* Your parents’ names, state or country of birth and your mother’s maiden name.

* Number of previous marriages and whether the most recent of these ended due to death, divorce or annulment.

* The town in which the ceremony will take place and the name of the officiate.

Both of you must sign the license in the presence of the Town Clerk, certifying that all of the facts are correct. The clerk may ask to see documentation of the information that you have provided. The cost of the license is $30.00. The license is valid for 65 days after it is issued. The expiration date will be printed on the license.

Connecticut law does not require witnesses.

You must give the license to the Officiate before the ceremony can be performed.

A certified copy can be obtained from the Town Clerk for a small fee.

This info is provided as a courtesy. Cost of license subject to change.